Join OC-CAMFT for our
The Basics of EFT: Finding Connection in the Dark,
presented by Dianna Troutt, LMFT, PsyD
WHEN: July 14th, 2018
Check-in: Begins at 8:30 am
Luncheon: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
WHERE: National University
3390 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
WHO: Licensed and Pre-licensed MFT's & GuestsEarn 3 CEU's (CAMFT CE #59405)
Course Description: Based on attachment theory, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) is a powerful, effective approach to help couples experience new ways of relating to one another instead of being caught in a negative cycle that breaks down communication and makes them feel unsafe and alone, questioning their love. By tuning into their feelings, a therapist using EFT can help couples learn to communicate during conflict in ways that restore a deeper, safer connection with one another rather than spiral into a repetitive “dance” that creates more hurt and insecurity. In this presentation, therapists will learn the basics of EFT and how to work with each person’s attachment style and corresponding reactive “push away” behaviors during fights. Therapists can then help couples learn work together to deescalate their destructive pattern so they can reconnect, heal past injuries, and restore their loving bond.
- Attendees will be able to list the basic elements of Emotionally Focused Therapy, including the three stages of de-escalation, restructuring conflicts, and consolidation.
- Attendees will be able to describe how to track a couple’s repetitive dance by mapping each person’s attachment style and how predictable, reactive behaviors become triggers for the partner, helping the couple see the cycle as the enemy, not one another.
- Attendees will be able to apply at least two ways to explore beneath the surface emotions of a couple’s routine arguments, helping them access and voice the softer hurts, fears, and longings that will create empathy, restore safety, and draw them closer together.
OC CAMFT Luncheon Prices:
OC CAMFT Member - Pre-Licensed: $30
Non Member - Pre-Licensed: $35
OCCAMFT Member - Licensed: $55
Non Member - Licensed: $65
Deadline to pre-register is July 12th!
Check Out Our Flyer and Pass it On
If you prefer to pay by check, check must reach us by July 2nd, two days prior to the event.
Please review our ADA Policy HERE.
If you have a special need or need special accommodations, please click HERE. Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Dr. Dianna Troutt is a certified EFT Therapist and Supervisor who has a private practice in Newport Beach specializing in couples. She has been working in private practice for over 25 years in Orange County. She also works from an attachment theory model with individuals to treat anxiety and depression. When not working, she loves connecting with her husband of 31 years and with her two adult children.
Click Here to Meet Our Guest Presenter