With the election of Donald Trump and advent of the "selfie" culture, unhealthy narcissism is drawing increasing discussion and awareness. In their quest for the spotlight, narcissists’ lack of empathy, grandiosity, and campaign of jaw-dropping tactics can undermine and inflict pain on those around them. This talk is intended to help demystify the confusing, often maddening behavior of narcissists so that we can help our clients cope more effectively with narcissistic people.
Note: The webinar link will be sent via email to registrants on Wednesday May 6th.
- Identify the signs of unhealthy narcissism
- Understand why people with narcissism behave as they do, and stop personalizing narcissists' behavior
- Move beyond self-blame or feeling held hostage in relationships with narcissists
- Assess how to set limits with, or move on from, destructive narcissistic relationships
- Create better self-care and self-empowerment in the face of societal narcissistic influences and figures
- Be more true to themselves around narcissists
- Learn how to use encounters with narcissists as an opportunity for self-awareness and personal growth
Registration is FREE to OC CAMFT Members.
A fee of $25.00 will be due from Non-OC CAMFT members.
Dan Neuharth, PhD, LMFT, is researcher and writer about Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He has written a bestselling book about unhealthy narcissistic parenting titled "If You Had Controlling Parents" and blogs on narcissism for both PsychologyToday.com and PsychCentral.com. Dan has been in private practice for 25 years seeing individuals and couples. He is current past president of the Marin County chapter of CAMFT.