OC CAMFT's Legal & Ethical WorkshopSuicide Prevention:
Presented by David Jensen, JD
WHEN: Saturday, October 16th, 2021
WORKSHOP: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
WHERE: Zoom Webinar
WHO: All Pre-Licensed and Licensed Members
EARN: 6 CEUs (CEPA #59405)
- Pre-licensed/Associate Members $90
- Clinical & Networking Members $110
- Describe the standard of care for psychotherapists in assessing and evaluating a patient’s risk for suicide
- Describe the information needed to assess and evaluate a patient for suicidality when you have only minutes to do so.
- Describe two ways of conducting a thorough assessment and evaluation of a patient’s suicidal ideation.
- As an outpatient therapist, Identify three ways of helping a suicidal patient get through a long, dark night.
- Describe why S-A-D P-E-R-S-O-N-S is not an acceptable analytical tool for assessing and evaluating a patient’s risk for suicide.
*Event information may be subject to change due to CDC, County, or business guidelines with COVID-19 and/or Delta Variant. We will update registered members and guests as we coordinate with local businesses that we hold events at. Thanks for your understanding.
Please review our ADA Policy HERE.
If you have a special need or need special accommodations, please click HERE. Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
About the Speaker
David Jensen, JD, was born in Flint, Michigan, but was raised in Tustin, California. Dave graduated from Brigham Young University with a BA in History, and he received his Juris Doctor Degree from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California in 1998. Dave passed the California bar examination in November 1999. Dave worked for Foley & Lardner, a large national law firm, where he regularly established and advised nonprofit organizations from 1999 to April 2002. As a Staff Attorney from 2002 to 2019 with the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, he did research, consulting and advising Association Members on legal and ethical issues affecting their practices including HIPAA compliance; testifying at Governmental Hearings and Meetings; Researching and writing Advocacy Letters; Teaching Continuing Education Seminars and Researching and writing articles regarding Legal and Ethical Obligations of MFT’s David is currently an Attorney at Callahan, Thompson, Sherman & Caudill where he represents Psychotherapists, regarding Law and Motion, Class Acton Litigation and Licensing Board Inquiries & Defense.
If you have any questions, please contact OC CAMFT at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 714-556-7129
Cancellations are made by leaving a message at 714-556-7129 no later than 2 days prior to the event by 6 PM. A refund less $5.00 processing fee will be returned to you. There are no refunds for cancellations made past this time.