Join OC-CAMFT for our
July 13th Workshop
Suicide: How to Assess & Intervene Confidently
featuring guest speaker Jodi Baldel, LMFT, LPCC
WHEN: Saturday, July 13th, 2019
CHECK-IN: Begins at 8:30 am
WORKSHOP: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
WHERE: National University
3390 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
WHO: Licensed and Pre-licensed MFT's & GuestsEarn 3 CEU's (CAMFT CE #59405)
Clinicians learn through education and training how to handle a suicidal crisis. However, many have never put this part of their education to practice and become panicked when realizing they have a potential suicidal client. This presentation will provide clinicians tools to recognize suicidal clients and formulate appropriate interventions.
- How to identify suicidal clients and what makes them high vs. low risk for a suicidal attempt.
- What interventions are appropriate for various levels of suicidal risk.
- How and when to bring in community and collateral resources in containing suicidal clients.
- Self-care when dealing with suicidal clients.
OC CAMFT Workshop Prices:
OC CAMFT Member - Pre-Licensed Associate: $30
Non Member - Pre-Licensed Associate: $35
OCCAMFT Member - Licensed: $55
Non Member - Licensed: $65
Deadline to pre-register is July 11th!
Walk-ins - $80
If you prefer to pay by check, check must reach us by July 11th, two days prior to the event.
Please review our ADA Policy HERE.
If you have a special need or need special accommodations, please click HERE. Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Jodi Baldel, LMFT, LPCC, is a Clinical Supervisor for a virtual clinical call center with Beacon Health Options, supervising and consulting with clinicians managing high risk cases. During her internship, Jodi worked on the OC PET team while employed with OC Adult Mental Health. She is a Past President of the State CAMFT Board of Directors.