Join OC-CAMFT for our
Rising Above Dehumanization,
Featuring Special Guest Panelists:
Dr. Heather Jett, Psy.D, Psychologist, Dr. Miguel Gallardo, Psy.D, Psychologist, Dr. Lawrence Hedges, PhD, Psychologist, and Dr. Dana Iyer, Psy.D, Psychologist
WHEN: September 21nd, 2018
CHECK-IN: Begins at 11 am
LUNCHEON: 11:00 to 1:30
WHERE: Maggiano's Little Italy, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA
WHO: Licensed and Pre-licensed MFT's & GuestsEarn 1 CEU (CAMFT CE #59405)
This Panel Presentation will examine the process of human devaluation. Panelists will explore the emotional experience of dehumanization, psychological motivations of devaluation, clinical devaluation parallels, and how to challenge dehumanization. Attendees will gain experiential knowledge of the dehumanization process and clinical applications.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer
- Attendees will be able to define stereotype.
- Attendees will be able to state one psychological function that devaluation serves.
- Attendees will be able to define ‘bystander effect.’
- Attendees will be able to identify one way to challenge dehumanization.
OC CAMFT Luncheon Prices:
OC-CAMFT Members - $32
OC CAMFT Guests - $37
Deadline to pre-register is September 19th!
Walk-ins - $45
Check Out Our Flyer and Pass it On
If you prefer to pay by check, check must reach us by September 19th, two days prior to the event.
Please review our ADA Policy HERE.
If you have a special need or need special accommodations, please click HERE. Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Dr. Heather Jett, Psy.D, Psychologist
Dr. Miguel Gallardo, Psy.D, Psychologist
Dr. Lawrence Hedges, PhD, Psychologist
Dr. Dan Iyer, Psy.D, Psychologist