Join OC-CAMFT for our
Countertransference: A Break in the Relationship,
presented by Jeannie Colvin, LMFT
WHEN: May 18th, 2018
Check-in: Begins at 11 am
Luncheon: 11:00 to 1:30
WHERE: Maggiano's Little Italy, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA
WHO: Licensed and Pre-licensed MFT's & GuestsEarn 1 CEU (CAMFT CE #59405)
Course Description: The field of therapy has a culture of understanding and acceptance. But therapists are people too, and do not always have compassionate feelings towards their clients. Research suggests that clients pick up on this more than we realize. This training will review some of the reasons for the complex feelings that emerge for therapists, focusing on the components countertransference. Therapists will be prepared to use their feelings so that there is a deepening, and not a break, in the therapy relationship.
- Attendees will be able to define countertransference.
- Attendees will be able to describe the five factors of countertransference.
- Attendees will compare the way bias, values, and countertransference impact therapeutic choices.
- Attendees will be able to utilize strategies of managing countertransference.
OC CAMFT Luncheon Prices:
OC-CAMFT Members - $32
OC CAMFT Guests - $37
Deadline to pre-register is May 16th!
Walk-ins - $45
Check Out Our Flyer and Pass it On
If you prefer to pay by check, check must reach us by February 21st, two days prior to the event.
Please review our ADA Policy HERE.
If you have a special need or need special accommodations, please click HERE. Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Jeannie Colvin is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a practice in Newport Beach where she most often works with families going through the teen years. She’s always had a fascinating group of “other” clients she’s worked with as well. Additionally, Jeannie is a professor and the Director of Clinical Training in the Graduate Psychology department of Vanguard University.