Join OC-CAMFT for our
Addiction, Shame, Relationships, & Recovery, presented by Robert Weathers, Ph.D.
Date: February 23rd, 2018
Check-in: Begins at 11 am
Luncheon: 11:00 to 1:30
Location: Maggiano's Little Italy, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CAEarn 1 CEU (CAMFT CE #59405)
Relational stressors, particularly shame, are the #1 trigger for relapse in recovery from addiction. Hence, recovery, to be effective, needs to be situated both relationally (with "un-shaming" as goal) and objectively (neuroscience) for the former addict and his/her loved ones, both seeking healing.
1) List three primary brain changes across all addictions.
2) Describe the relational impact of each of the above brain changes.
3) Explain PAWS, applying it to relational considerations.
OC CAMFT Luncheon Price:
OC-CAMFT Members - $32
OC CAMFT Guests - $37
Deadline to pre-register is Feb 21st!
Walk-ins - $45
Check Out Our Flyer and Pass it On
If you prefer to pay by check, check must reach us by February 21st, two days prior to the event.
Please review our ADA Policy HERE.
If you have a special need or need special accommodations, please click HERE. Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Dr. Bob Weathers, with a Ph.D. in clinical psychology, has committed the past 40 years to providing counseling and coaching to clients from around the world, along with teaching and training graduate-level mental health providers at several Southern California universities.
Check Out Our Youtube Video!